Both the career option have good scope ahead. They are two different fields.So its up to you to decide,where is your interest. Read the options for both and decide:
Career in Accountancy:
Accountants are people who supply data required to assess the economic state of an individual, business, organization, or government agency or department. Accountants complete financial statements, and record all business transactions. Accountants also calculate costs and efficiency gains on new technologies participate in mergers and develop IT systems for tracking financial performance, taxes, and employee payroll management.
* Audit: Work in audit involves checking accounting ledgers and financial statements within corporations and government.
* Budget Analysis: Budget analysts are responsible for developing and managing an organizations financial plans. There are plentiful jobs in this area in government and private industry.
* Financial: Financial accountants prepare financial statements based on general ledgers and participate in important financial decisions involving mergers & acquisitions, benefits/ERISA planning and long-term financial projections. The work can be varied over time.
* Management Accounting: Management accountants work in companies and participate in decisions about capital budgeting and line of business analysis. Major functions include cost analysis, analysis of new contracts and participation in efforts to control expenses efficiently. This work often involves the analysis of the structure of organizations.
* Tax: Tax accountants prepare corporate and personal income tax statements and formulate tax strategies involving issues such as financial choice, how to best treat a merger or acquisition, deferral of taxes, when to expense items and the like. This work requires a thorough understanding of economics and the tax code.
# Places Where Accountants Work